There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

JULY 31, 2012 --VISITING TEACHING OVER LUNCH & SWIMMING

JULY 31, 2012 -- VISITING TEACHING OVER LUNCH 
AND SWIMMING

It has been hard for me to get visiting teaching done this summer!  This month we went all out on creativity. 
I contacted the ladies I visit teach and asked if they could go to lunch!  That worked for 2 of the 3 so we made plans to go to Mojitos for lunch.  Then one of the sisters I teach asked if she could invite a lady that she teaches that she hasn't been able to catch--who couldn't come but her companion did!  Then the other sister I teach was considering plans for lunch with her companion and one of their ladies so they all came!  I also invited my visiting teacher who had been trying to come see me.
In the end, 7 of us went to lunch and that included a representation of 4 companionships!  What a fun way to visit teach in a hot July!


In the afternoon, I went to the chiropractor and then Joseph and I hung out and went to game exchange for him and I bought him a new Wii game for a birthday treat!

At 5pm, we came home and met the Hassell family at our house.  Martin, the dad, is a real life "lumberjack" and he cut down 2 dead trees that we had.  Mary and her girls swam with Mason and we visited then Martin jumped in, too.  It was fun.  This also allowed me to visit with Mary, whom I visit teach as well!

Mason is really quite a good diver!




After the swimming, I took Joseph to Olive Garden for his birthday dinner and we really had a good visit.  I filled up on soup and brought all but 3 bites home of my dinner plate!  
Nate and Amber were willing to keep Mason so that Joseph and I could have a nice dinner together.  When I arrived home, I found Mason in by them adoring little Aryia.  He thinks she is so cute!
When I came home Mason said "Its Tummy Time!!!"  Mason likes to see her open eyes.



We all enjoyed watching the women's gymnastics team finals with Nate, Amber, and Aryia Voorhies. 










No comments:

Post a Comment