There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

JULY 10, 2012 -- MOM'S PROJECT DAY

JULY 10, 2012 -- MOM'S PROJECT DAY

Yesterday, I tried to start and work on a big project of revamping my recipe files.  It has been a project on hold for 4 years now and it is time!!
Well, I got absolutely nothing accomplished on the recipe file, but had a successful day:  great "mom's school" session with all the kids, trip to the doctor and shopping that are noted in the previous blog.
I also had a spontaneous "gufaw" at a text sent from my "knight in shining armor" who just keeps surprising me with his with and romance!!
Dad (Vernon) and I have been dialoguing about "Adrenal Glands" as I am working to improve my physical health.  I had also been texting him about Daniel's school books so I knew what to do with him that morning (Daniel had gone to work with Dad the past few days so he was in the know on that.)

So......... to finally get to the point .................
About an hour after Vernon's last text about Daniel's school work, I sent a text that said, 
"I found a book."
Vernon's response made me laugh,
"Book about adrenal glands, fractions or how to tame your husband?"

It gave me a good laugh.

Today, I was spoiled by my children and Bethany, Rachel and Rebecca ran the house for a full day and let me hide up in my office and work on my recipe files!  The girls were amazing!!! They cooked, cleaned, took care of kids, ran "Mom's School", ran a "movie theater" and more!  It was incredible!
My girls are growing up and are quite amazing!

1 comment:

  1. A laugh for sure! Those cricket cupcakes were awesome!!! And beetle juice for warts? I haven't heard of that. Something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete