There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

AUGUST 7, 2014: AMERICAN BLUEGRASS PRESENTATION AT BT CAMP

AMERICAN BLUE GRASS PRESENTATION 
AT BT CAMP
AUGUST 7, 2014

After our pizza cooking frenzy all morning, we then turned around and we went into give a presentation to the kiddos about American Bluegrass Music.  
We think the kids all had fun!!

David and Rachel couldn't wait to put on boots and vests!
 We heard all summer about "The Universe Room" and we finally got to hang out there with the kids!  It was one of a few air conditioned rooms on campus.


 David has such happy energy!



 Amy is the real brains behind all of this!




 We taught about bluegrass instruments and the history of American Bluegrass

 Then the fun part for me -- doing some fiddling!


 As we were preparing this, it was fun to see Amy's reaction and her smiles with the memories she had of me fiddling as she grew up.  I did a lot of fiddling and playing for grandkids when they were young.  I sort of forgot about that and never really thought about "me" creating memories for them.  It warmed my heart to know that Amy had happy memories of listening to me fiddle through the years!  I remember what fun it was for me when I could get Randall to sit and the piano and to play with me.  I always love that and I wish it could have happened more.




Time for some clogging!

 Now it was time for some square dancing!

 Let's do the Virgina Reel!











The BT Summer Camp

 We were surprised with these gorgeous flowers that they gave us!

 Rachel and her friend, January



No comments:

Post a Comment