There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

JUNE 21, 2012 -- THURSDAY'S WALL CLOUD

IMPRESSIVE WALL CLOUD AND THE AVENGERS
This morning started out nice and on the early side!  I went out and watered the garden and trees first so that I could work the rest of my hour on planting "Monkey Grass" -- the only controller of Bermuda grass.

After I finished my 30 minutes of watering, about 7:40am, I started working the ground to plant and noticed the air was quite cool.  I looked up and found the most impressive "wall cloud" coming my way.  Now if you have never seen a wall cloud, you just have no idea how ominous they can be.  I have seen a few wall clouds and this one was to beat all, "hands down!"  I was a bit nervous and I stood there and watched awhile -- looking for any little funnel clouds!  Though I wasn't really worried because it was really too cool for tornadoes and just didn't feel like tornado weather.  Either way, this wall cloud was amazing!


As the front of the wall cloud passed over me I felt like I was inside of an indoor football stadium with a low dome ceiling.  The clouds had an odd dome shape but there were also all of these peaks hanging down.  The contour of the ceiling of clouds above my head was so unique!  I kept watching for lighting and rotation, but it didn't exist. A few minutes after the wall cloud passed over me, the air turned real cool, the wind picked up and it was gorgeous weather!!!  Just as I finished planting one section of "Monkey Grass" the rain started and then rained quite hard for about 5 minutes.  David had come out by then and so we picked up quick and ran inside.  I thought the forcast was for sunny skies all week!   Too bad I didn't check the weather this morning -- I wouldn't have had to water!!!  Lesson learned

This afternoon, Vernon and I went on a date!!  Yes, it is a miracle!  Dad called me and asked if I could be ready in 5 minutes!  When I was in high school, this was a tactic some of our guy friends would play.  They would call and ask if we could go on an "FMD -- Five Minute Date!"  I picked up and left -- after getting kids ordered on their responsibilities and limits -- and we went to see "Avengers."  It was fun!


As we were driving to the movie, Vernon was on the phone trying to help Melissa who had her flight cancelled and she was stuck in Tel Aviv.  Vernon couldn't get anywhere here.  We are grateful for the texting ap that allowed us to communicate with her.  She eventually on on a flight to Rome and then would go to Milan.  She would take a train to Marcailles where she will start her internship on Monday.

Afterwards, we went into Play It Again Sports shop and bought Rebecca a tennis racket and tennis balls.  She really wants to learn to play!  She was so excited when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment