There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

JUNE 9, 2012 -- SATURDAY WORK

EXHAUSTED AM I!

Today was a full day of work but so much was accomplished!  I am tuckered out to the bone but smile as I think about what we completed today!
6am sounded the alarm and since I had friends coming to help me, I had to get up and get to work!  I went to our new garden area and started leveling high spots to prepare to lay the sod.  I just started the first roll of sod when arrives our good friend, Zarek Taylor!  He comes with working hands but also some samples from his summer job at Land 'o Lakes -- cheese and honey butter!  I, the mom, am planning to hide that honey butter!

Soon all the Richardson kids -- including Robert and Alison Clawson -- were out working to help lay sod, smooth garden beds, and plant!  Some also threw rocks in the pond and played with the Bennett children.  Yes Ron and Samantha Bennett came to my rescue again and helped us finish the garden beds and helped me get the seed all planted.  All the new garden beds are planted!!!   I am so excited!!!  If it wasn't finished today, it wouldn't be able to be done for 3 more weeks.  The garden beds are beautiful!! We have 4 beds of corn, 2 of tomato, 2 of green peppers, carrots, bok choi, radish, turnips, beets, squash, watermelon, cateloupe, basil, cilantro, cucumber, lettuce, spinach and green onions!  There was much dirt moved and seeds planted today!!!

Next on the list was to finish preparing for Girls' Camp which begins Monday.  We spent from 11am to 8pm getting ready.  We cooked food for meals; packed girls' storage tubs; cleaned out and vacuumed the van; loaded tents; cots; sleeping bags; tarps & rope; tubs of food, cooking supplies, camping supplies, and some fun activities. I took out the 2 back seats in the van and we are almost full.  I will still have seats for 6 girls and myself to ride up to camp.  I was thrilled to mostly have the van loaded by 7:30pm this evening.

Robert and Alison had gone and run my last few errands which was a HUGE help!  They also cooked dinner and served the family.

It started gettting dark quickly and I still hadn't watered so I went out and watered trees, knock out roses, and the new garden.  I didn't get out package of ground cover in so I spent about 45 mintues planting our Asparagus, black-eyed susans, coneflowers, sedum and periwinkle in pots to keep them alive for a few more days.  Whew.
It is midnight and it is time for bed.  I am tuckered out but pleased with all we accomplished today -- thanks to friends and family!  Team work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment