There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Monday, June 25, 2012

JUNE 25, 2012 -- MONDAY HAIRCUT

MASON'S HAIRCUT

Well we have been trying to talk Mason into a hair cut for many months now.  I just hadn't yet decided it was worth a battle so I kept putting it off.  Today, he came into the kitchen and said, "Mom, I need a haircut."  I didn't even recognize what he had said because it was not what I was expecting, but Bethany chimed in -- "You want a haircut?"  Mason replied, "Yes."  I went straight for the hair clippers before he changed his mind.  Bethany got him sitting up in the barstool and we went at it!  Later, I found out that Vernon is to receive all the credit -- he had said to Mason, "Mason, you need to get a haircut."  Mason then came into the kitchen and asked for the hair cut.  Amazing!  I made sure he had a nice reward for such a great help!  

Mason looks so cute with his hair cut -- but I don't have my camera!!!  It was left in the back of the new silver car which Hyrum drove to Ohio!!!!  I don't know what I'm going to do without my camera all summer!!!  This picture was taken by Dad's phone -- but it is all I have.

1 comment:

  1. Im gonna be so impressed with his talking when i come home!

    ReplyDelete