There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

JUNE 8, 2012 -- FEELING LOVED

OUR NEW FAMILY POET -- DAD!


Vernon with his parents Lavona (left) and Jay (right)  -- May 2010
Over the past year, Dad, Vernon, has tapped into a new talent that I am admiring so much!! Dad has this great gift of poetry writing!!  Dad's father, Grandpa Jay Richardson, has always been known for his great poetry and has express great amounts of love and testimony through his poetry.  It has been neat to watch Dad develop this talent in memory of his father whom I know he misses deeply since his passing in May 2011.
Jay & Lavona Richardson on mission in Nauvoo, IL
Dad has written a poem to go with most of the lessons that he teaches the priests as the Young Men's President.  In his recent trip to Ghana, he has written several poems that he presented at banquets to the group of UofArkansas students and faculty that are on the service trip.
This past week, Vernon surprised me with a poem to me -- his wife.  With us being apart for most of this past month and with our running and crazy schedules, it was such a special gift and it made me feel very loved!!!    I know that Grandpa Jay Richardson is smiling as he watches his son developing a love of poetry that he also had here on earth.  \


Here is the poem dad wrote to me:

To Connie!

I’m often asked how I manage
many kids and a busy life.
My immediate response is:
“You really ought to meet my wife.”

Connie’s the miracle worker
That makes our busy house a home.
With twelve active achievers she’s
Glue holding together our dome.

Some might consider caring for
a baby half their life heaven
But Connie, she’s had seven kids
Under the young age of seven!

There are also many who have asked
“Does Connie ever sleep at night?”
Maybe not since she’s often
Writing music ‘til wee morning light!

She’s been known to stay a few nights
With moms who might be feeling blue
Not just saying, “Call me if needed”
But shows up, “Been thinking ‘bout you!”

She knows why she’s here on the earth
To bless the lives of all others
This same spirit shines through to her
Children who’ll in turn, bless others!

She doesn’t just file her own nails!
She’ll deftly use a saw or drill!
Watch out! If I leave town she’ll start
a huge outside project at will!

She shines each week with the lesson
Wants each child to be spiritually strong
To prepare for the joys and trials ahead
Til we all return to God’s throng.

But I’d say most important, she knows
she’s here to love her children
She takes time to really know them,
Comforting, exhorting each one

I’ve never known someone like you
You’re a true joy and my best friend
Thank you for taking me along
This fun journey as your husband.

Vernon Richardson (while in Ghana)
June 8, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment