There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

JUNE 12, 2014: MANILA, PHILIPPINES part 5

A DAY TO RELAX IN THE PHILIPPINES
JUNE 12, 2014

We had decided to stay put and relax today so I took major advantage of that.  I woke up about 9am and then just didn’t want to get out of bed so I went back to sleep off and on and then I zonked out and didn’t wake up until 2:30pm.  I think I needed a good long decompress sleep like that.  I felt like a new person.




We headed out and walked to an Italian restaurant that we wanted to try but it was closed!!!  Today is the Philippines Independence Day and we found that lots of local places are closed. 

So, we headed to that mega mall again and we treated ourselves to dinner at Chili’s.  I had a real American hamburger!  It was good!  However, it was BIG and there was so, so much meat!!!!  Being in China for 2 months now, I am not as used to the quantity of food we get in America AND I don’t eat that much meat at once anymore!  By the end of my hamburger, I was so stuffed AND I just couldn’t chew any more meat!!!!
Where are my vegetables!!!!

 Also, we have noticed here in Manila that everything is meat!  Every menu seems to be filled with meat!  I don’t know if that is just the restaurants  we are going or not, but there is lots of meat and we have not seen the vegetables like we do in China. 
 We came back to our hotel and have been catching up on journal and emails since our internet was down all day – and I slept all day.  It started raining on our way back, but I hadn't pulled out my poncho yet, so I pulled out the bag and used it as a cover!  It started raining hard enough that I finally pulled it out and wore it!

No comments:

Post a Comment