There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

OCTOBER 28, 2012: "MOTHER'S HEART" MOMENTS

A DAY OF  "MOTHER HEART" MOMENTS
October 28, 2012

I have a very, very dear friend that has touched my heart with her deep loving heart since we were sophomores in high school way back in 1984.  Her faith and insights into life have always helped me to grow.
I love reading her blog because I feel her depth and love everytime I read the thoughts of her heart.
I decided to make an attempt at following her example today since there are several things happening that are pulling at my own heart strings today in joyful, sentimental and sad ways.  

This morning, Hyrum left to go back to BYU.  It was a short, but wonderful weekend to have him home.  I sure love my son!  When Hyrum given a priesthood blessing as an infant, his father said, "stay close to your mother and be a comfort to your mother."  That same phrase has been repeated in every blessing that Hyrum has received as far as I can remember.  It has always touched my heart.  Hyrum as always been sensitive to me and open about his life and happenings and has been a comfort to me through life.  When he returned home this weekend, he gave me a tight squeeze and a lengthy hug and said, "It is good to be home."  I don't think he realizes how much that meant to me and to my heart.  This morning as he left, I received another tight hug.  I told him I could let him go because I knew he would be back in less than a month for Thanksgiving.  Thank you son.


My dear friend has often shared songs on her blog which touch my heart, so I hope she doesn't mind if I copy her in that aspect as well.  Music always touches my heart or a better description would be that is totally attacks my heart with immediate emotions when I hear a song with a true message.  The spirit speaks so strong through music.

This song I found in September when I picked up a $5 CD from the discount bin while visiting my parents in Arizona.  I had it playing in the rental car as I pulled from away from their home to leave.  After you listen to it you will understand why I cried for a good 30 minutes as I drove away to meet my flight home.  This weekend, I remembered the love that flooded my heart as a child who felt so much love for my mother.  As I think of Hyrum and his hugs this weekend, I feel the same flood of love, but as a mother this time.  Love is an amazing thing.  So powerful in so many ways.  The same yet in different roles.  I love all of my children so, so much.  My "Mother Heart" is returning after so many years of stress and heart ache.  It is impossible to describe the love that a mother has for her children.  I pray that all my children will feel the depth of my love for them as described in this post, though the post is focused on Hyrum and his visit.

I couldn't find a video of Jim Brickman singing this song, but this is a nice video made by a church somewhere.  You'll have to search it and find it on your own.  Jim Brickman "A Mother's Day"  He also sings "A Mother's Love" which is wonderful, but is different.  I have also included a clip that uses Disney movie clips which is cute.  I think that I will need to make my own slideshow video of this song!


















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, absolutely beautiful. I hope your kids know how lucky they are to have you as their mom. And that song........gorgeous! I had never heard it. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS You are too kind. Thank you for that - and your friendship more than anything.

    ReplyDelete