There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Monday, October 8, 2012

OCTOBER 5, 2012 -- FHS HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME

FHS HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME
October 6, 2012 

 Even though the weather hit very low in the 30's, some of us faithful Bulldog fans went to the FHS Homecoming Football Game.  We won at a whopping 57-7 (or somewhere near that.)
Joseph was a super star! 
He sang the "Star Spangled Banner" with the A Cappella Choir.

 

 Then he marched in the band though Joseph said it is tough to march in such cold because the instruments don't hold pitch well and their fingers get awful cold.  I understand that one.  I told Joseph about a time when I was performing in college with the Flagstaff Symphony.  We went to Sedona, AZ for an outdoor concert.  We played under a big tent out in an open field with a big drop off and red cliffs for out back ground.  It was beautiful!!! But, when the sun went down so did the temperature and we were cold.  I remember as we played the last couple of pieces, I kept looking down to make sure I was still holding my bow because I couldn't feel my fingers anymore!  It was crazy!







No comments:

Post a Comment