There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

OUR NEW BYU FRESHMAN -- SEPT 2012

HYRUM -- OUR NEW BYU FRESHMAN -- SEPT 2012

It is hard to believe that my boy is off to college!  Where did the years go??  
  
When Alison left for college, I was so excited for the fun adventures that lay ahead and was caught up in remembering how much fun I had!!  I didn't cry until I walked away to come home and then I bawled all the way to the airport.  

When Melissa left for college, I knew what was ahead and knew how much I would miss her presence at home -- since I had now gone through this once!  I cried off and one during her last events of her senior year and went through the process much slower emotionally to hold on to the memories.


Now, my first son to "leave the nest" seems that I started all over again!  It was different getting a boy ready to go to college and in some way much easier!!  With Hyrum's quick leave for Ohio for summer work, I didn't have time to cry and lament his leaving.  He was up and gone in 3-4 days for the summer!  I missed him at home, but knew he was coming back.  Our time from his return to leaving for BYU Band Camp was so short that there wasn't time to be emotional.  Then we were filled with excitement for Melissa's return from France and getting her ready to transition back to BYU and then we were off for Utah.

  So with this trip to Utah in September, I had time to be emotional and sentimental and to think about by little boy who is all grown up and has spread his wings and is continuing in his path of success in this world.  I know he is having such a wonderful time and I cry when I watch him march in the BYU Band because I know he is in heaven and I know those feelings personally of being in the middle of an exhillerating musical experience!!!  It hurts to not be at every moment enjoying it with him.  Distance isn't fair -- I would vote for the "Bewitched" method of travel back and forth thru a twitch of the nose!!!  Shouldn't that be a free benefit for all mothers?  And to be able to be a silent/invisible viewer of those events???  

Obviously, it is not in Heavenly Father's plan or we would be able to do it.  There must be something important about the growing up, moving on and parents left behind process.  I will have faith and continue to be grateful for e-mail, pictures, and video!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment