There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Monday, May 7, 2012

MAY 7, 2012 -- MONDAY

"GO FISH" and "...BUT I LOVE 2 OF THEM!"

This morning, after we dropped kids off at school, Mason and went shopping!  It was nice to get it done early!  While we were browsing Wal-Mart (which is an expensive thing to do in itself), Mason saw the DVD section.  We went to look and he found a Dora DVD and an "UmiZoomi" DVD.  "UmiZoomi" is an educational/Nick Jr./math show that he attached to while we were at Grandpa and Grandma Beach's home in January of this year.  Well, neither of the DVDs were from the $5 bargain bin of course, so I said he could hold them and we would have to pick one.  When we got to the check stand, I asked him to pick one of them and he had a hard time but he chose Dora the Explorer -- who became a favorite of Mason's in Australia last summer.
As we were checking out, Mason stood beside me and  was quiet.  Then he said, "Mom." I looked down at him and he looked up at me with his big blue eyes that were now filled with big elephant tears and he said, "...but I love 2 of them."  As the tears started to spill over onto his cheeks I turned to the check out lady and said, "Do you have that other DVD back there?"  She said, "You want to buy them both?"  Well, my answer to her is shown by the picture below.

I'm so sorry my dear husband, but I spent $15 on DVDs for Mason today.  The laughter and smiles from Mason were worth it -- and I am a sucker for those "elephant tears" from such a sweet boy who didn't cry or throw a fit but just explained how sad he was.




 DAVID'S  MUSICAL




This evening we had a great time watching David perform in his 2nd grade musical called "Go Fish."  Rachel did this show when she was in kindergarten!  David was a "Sea Horse Cowboy."  He was quite adorable!
David waiting to go to his class to get into costume!
David in the front row in cowboy boots.  He was quite the dancer!




David in full costume!












David with his music teacher, Mrs. Meme Hagers.  She is amazing!
















No comments:

Post a Comment