There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

JANUARY 4, 2015 -- FRESH DUCK ANYONE?


Fresh Duck Anyone?   
January 4, 2015

Today as we walked to church, we saw a repeat of last week and I was still humored and entertained by the sight!!!  As we walked up the street to the bus stop, I hear this squacking sound!  In the back of a small van, stands a man who is reaching inside and comes out with 4 white ducks who have their legs tied together but are hollering up a storm!  Another man comes out and carries in some more!  These man are carrying them into a restaurant – and right through the front door!  Guess what is on the menu today???  Fresh Duck or perhaps “Peking Duck” !!!  I bet it is delicious, but I thing I would have a hard time ordering those little guys that I saw squacking in person.  I love seeing new things like this that I know I would never see in America. J






No comments:

Post a Comment