There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Monday, May 25, 2015

MARCH 2015: A DOSE OF DAILY LIFE

A DOSE OF DAILY LIFE
MARCH 9-22, 2015     


Boy fun outside on skateboards!
Richard is a good "big brother" and helps Mason try out his new skateboard.



Benjamin tries out the new skateboard


Go Richard!






Richard is catching some big air!

Mason's birthday jeep getting fixed
 A BIG RAINSTORM!






Look at this tall baozi steamer tower! 
Mason picks our strawberries!

Mason and his birthday present!  He loves the color green!
A fun sign we see on our walk to church from the subway
Richard's first Tootsie Roll Pop Sucker

Treats with Benjamin after our walk through the rainstorm to find Frank's Place

Getting shoes fixed in the alley
a little girl and her family  at the wet market area

Mason pretends to drive this jeep

Rachel made brownies in a mug and we topped it
with fresh strawberries!!!  Delicious!

Homemade taco shells from Won Ton wraps
Our Young Women of the branch
Borscht!
Tuesday, March 31st, I continued to finish up projects and then went to get my braces off!!  Yahoo!  It was quite an experience.  First, they needed to secure the permanent retainers that are behind the lower and upper front teeth.  As they started to do this, they pulled out a “glue” and as they used a Q-tip to apply the glue I could smell this horrible stuff that smelled like airplane glue that I used to use to glue model cars together and that my mother told me to make sure I didn’t inhale or even breath and smell very much.  This was being used IN my mouth and I was inhaling it 100% because sitting there with your mouth wide open you have not other options that to breath in the air that is in your mouth.  Try taking deep breaths with your mouth WIDE open.  I find it difficult!  The only relief I had was when they used “Mr. Slurpy Straw” and then I sucked away the smell with the accumulation of saliva/spit in my mouth to make the dentists job easier. I wish the “Slurpy straw” was used constantly through this process.  I think I will request it to be so for the kids.  I’m not sure how many brain cells were killed from that “airplane glue” but the kids don’t need to lose brain cells if I can prevent it! J  All in all, the job was done, I am free of braces and I go back this coming Friday to get my retainers!  Yahoo!  Dad says I look “radiant” without my braces and everyone in Dalian told me how young I look!  Hee Hee!  Sort of fun!
After the fixed retainers were on, they took off the brackets. They couldn’t get 1 of the brackets off and as they pulled on that bracket to clip it off, I could feel my tooth move!  Yikes!  Since they were not having success this way, they started drilling!  The dentist drilled and drilled for literally about 10 minutes with multiple efforts to clip off that bracket in between drilling sessions.  I was starting to wonder if I would have a tooth left.  I was relieved when the sound of the drill changed and I could tell they were now “polishing” my teeth to get the remaining cement off of all the teeth.  I then headed home to arrive before the kids got home from school.

Last day of braces
Rachel tapes drawings of eyes on her eyes.  It looked so weird

The silk embroidery art that Mom bought for our home in Arkansas
A violin case totally destroyed by mold.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment