There is a quote: "LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORMS TO PASS.... IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN."
With 12 children and 5 adopted from Russia, we have had challenges and trials along with our joys. We have decided that we must
learn how to "dance in the rain." We must notice and acknowledge the joys and miracles in our lives.
They exist daily -- we just need to make sure we do not miss them!! This blog is to remind us of these miracles and joys!

Monday, May 25, 2015

APRIL 20-21, 2015 -- ARKANSAS TRIP

APRIL 20-21, 2015 -- ARKANSAS TRIP
APRIL 2015

I am so excited to go to Arkansas today and to see our home, Louie (our dog), our friends there and everything.  I feel so loved because Sister Harvey offered to come pick me up at the airport and has acted so excited to see me and has even offered to take me on errand tomorrow to pick paint colors and carpet and just acts so excited to be with me and to see me!  It makes me feel so loved!!!  The Palmers have also acted to excited to have me come and have offered to do everything – but we know they are so busy as he is now our new bishop AND he has been working on things in our home.  The Palmers have been so amazing and so giving and so helpful and we just continue to learn how we need to serve and support others from our friends’ examples.  

Micah and Ashley Palmer
Dad had flowers waiting for me when I arrived in Arkansas!
The new cut out of our wall behind the stove!!
I arrived in Arkansas on Monday evening and Debbie Jo Harvey and her two kiddos, Lizzy and Sam, picked me up from the airport.  It was fun catching up a bit on our lives as we drove to Fayetteville.  What a treat to see them!  They took me to our house and I was welcomed with smiles by the Palmer family! Bishop Palmer gave me the tour of our house and I love the 2 main changes – the cut out wall behind the stove and the relocated door to the pantry.  Fabulous!!!
They were so kind to fix things and had me sleep in my own bed that night as their family went back to their house. 
Tuesday, Debbie Jo spent the whole day with me and helped me pick out paint colors, carpet, shutters, new cabinet stain and potential stone for the entryway.  My brain was overloaded by the end so I was SO glad to have Debbie Jo’s help.  We even bought paint samples and went back and painted colors on the walls to test them out.  The red was terrible at first so we went back and bought 2 other reds and then after about 6 hours, the first red color darkened enough to be the right one.  I am excited because our entire house should be repainted before we get home in June.  It will feel like a brand new house!!    The Palmers have done so much to help us with the house.  The outside looks fabulous and everything is going to be ready to move forward when we arrive back in Arkansas.  I am so, so grateful!  That night, the Palmers and Harveys and I all went out to dinner for Mexican food and it was delicious and tons of fun sitting and visiting.  We are so blessed with good friends in Arkansas.  I miss them and am excited to get back home.
Tuesday night I slept at the Harvey home and Debbie Jo took me to the airport early in the morning Wednesday.  We had another good visit as we drove and gave big hugs of goodbye at the airport.
Our shutters -- or similar
Our color palatte
Our cabinets will go darker

No comments:

Post a Comment